2014 Puzzler Red Wine
IN THE GLASS
Magenta and purple in color. Nose offers an array of fruit, minerality and spice. Notes of cherry, anise, plum, tobacco and violet dominate the nose.
ON THE PALATE
Gentle, well integrated tannins balance well with notes of smoked meat, fig, and earthy notes of mushroom and olive.
50% new oak, 50% neutral oak. Aged 18 months before bottling.
• Harvest Date: September to October 2014
• Brix at Harvest: 23.0° - 25.5°
• Blend: 60% Russell Merlot, 14% Suarez Syrah, 6% Russell Pinot Noir, 6% Mesa Del Sol Syrah, 6% Mesa Del Sol Zinfandel, and 4% Mesa del Sol Sangiovese
• Quantity produced: 350 cases
• Alcohol Percentage: 14.2%
• Retail Price: $28.00
• Wine Club Price: $23.80